- Stalks of threshed grain, used as bedding and food for animals, for thatching, and for weaving or braiding, as into baskets.
- A single stalk of threshed grain.
- Something, such as a hat or basket, made of straw.
- A slender tube used for sucking up a liquid.
- Something of minimal value or importance.
- Something with too little substance to provide support in a crisis: Near the end we were grasping at straws.
- Of, relating to, or made of straw: a straw mat.
- Containing or used for straw, as a barn or feeding trough.
- Of the color of straw; yellowish.
- Having little or no value or substance; unimportant.
- Of, relating to, or constituting a straw man.
final (or last) straw
- The final annoyance or setback, which even though minor makes one lose patience.
- A slight hint of something to come.
I've decided to play the One Week to Live game. The idea is sort of morbid but basically you play act that you have one week left to live. You do anything that week that you would do if you only had a week left alive. I read about it while wandering around online bored. Since I'm sort of doing fun stuff this week anyhow it seems like something fun to add in without a whole lot of bother. So I have one week left alive and I'm going to enjoy it thoroughly. I've picked what I'm dying from (which was way too fun). LOL First thing is I'm going to baby my (actually)sick self with Chinese food since I felt nauseated during dinner and didn't eat anything. Mmm dumplings here I come. Feel free to send me goodbyes and sayonara messages for my poor soon to be departed self. 402-639-4623 is my cell number. I've decided that I'm dying of slow acting Ebola. Hehe ^_~